We design the tour to deliver you the authentic experience in S-Shape country – Vietnam through a cooking class. We believe that cuisine is an interesting way to learn about any culture and Vietnam is not an exception. Hanoi Local Tour offers you the special menu features specialty dishes of Hanoi that every Hanoi living far from hometown always thinks about.
- Discover Vietnamese culture through local food
- Visit the wet suburban market which still original
- Learn how to cook a Vietnamese meal and what-you-just-cooked meals for lunch/dinner.
- Stay at a convenient location and easy to connect with the airport.
- Interact with some locals who live and work in the field next to the Red riverbank.
Experience Your Tour With
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big windows
Duration: Half Day
Departure Date: Any Time You Wish
Start/ End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
There have 2 classes to follow: morning cooking class (from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm) and cooking class in the afternoon (from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm). Hereunder is the detailed itinerary:
At 8:00 am or 3:00 pm: Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to the cooking class. You’re welcome in the class and then we go to a local market with the chef by bike. Strolling around a wet suburban market which still original to visit local people and the distinct food sections with a variety of fresh herbs, vegetables, meat, and also fresh seafood, which brings you to be closer to the simple life. Our local will show you some common Vietnamese phrases to purchase goods.
What’s an amazing experience when seeing how a local woman chooses and buys the fresh food from numerous food stalls, and of course you can try to buy or bargain.
Under the chef’s instruction and some tips from the guide, you might buy some ingredients for the cooking class, they are herbs and spices (the important part of authentic Vietnamese food).
At 10:00 am or 5:00 pm: Finish your shopping time, we get back to the class to prepare and cook under the instruction of the local chef and your guide. Besides cooking, you will enjoy time decorating dishes with carrot, banana leaves, and curved chili.
At 12:00 pm or 7:00 pm: Savor your meal that cooked by yourselves in the Cooking class.
At 1:00 pm or 8:00 pm: our tour guide will drop you off at your hotel and give you the recipe if you want. Your Hanoi day trip ends.
The menu of Cooking Class for Reference:
- Steamed cabbage and meat rolls
- Hanoi pork caramel with quail egg
- Pumpkin soup with pork ribs
- Vietnamese deep-fried banana pancake
- Fresh lettuce roll with winter sauce
- Boneless pork leg wrap with vegetable
- Slow-cooked beef tendon with radish greens pickle
- Fragrant steam rice
There are no reviews yet.