Hanoi One-Day Tours & Day Trips
Just having only one day in Hanoi, which is such a quite tight schedule, we cannot deny that it’s hard for tourists to delve into Hanoi to the fullest, that is why this post is born. We are proud of 12-year-old experiences in designing both packages and day trips in Hanoi, in addition, we’re all Hanoi insiders, thus we understand much about Hanoi. It differs from other travel agency in Vietnam, Hanoi Local Tour not only offers tourists the normal tours or day trips in Hanoi, but we also admire to deliver clients an unforgettable experience in life. Thus we’re sure that our Hanoi One-Day Trips & Tour Itineraries will help tourists to touch glimpse of Hanoi without tiring themselves out, follow us!
Tour Route: Hanoi - Van Phuc Village - Hanoi
- Immerse yourself in the world of silk at Van Phuc, an ancient village known for its silk heritage.
- Witness the intricate process of creating premium silk products by skilled artisans.
- Explore a village that has upheld its long-established cultural values and traditions for generations.
- Learn about the village's reputation for producing high-quality silk products.
- Engage with local families, shop for silk souvenirs, and enjoy a green tea chat about the village's history.
- Engage in a 1.5-hour tour guided by Mr. Henry Le, an art curator and collector, exploring the best of Vietnamese fine art at Nguyen Art Gallery.
- Gain a unique understanding of Vietnamese modern art history through Mr. Henry Le's expert insights and stories that go beyond guidebooks.
- Discover untold narratives about Vietnamese artists, their lives, and their artworks, shared by the gallery owner himself.
- Enjoy a conversation with Mr. Henry Le over tea or coffee at the Art Space.
- Art collectors and buyers have the chance to purchase artworks at attractive prices during the tour.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Long Bien Bridge - Red River - Local Family - West Lake - Hanoi
- Traverse the historic Long Bien Bridge, an iconic French architectural relic and a testament to Hanoi's courage through history.
- Pedal through the serene Red River island, witnessing traditional farming practices and a slower pace of life.
- Learn to grow vegetables and cook authentic Vietnamese dishes.
- Share a heartwarming meal with the local family, fostering cultural exchange and meaningful connections.
- Bike along the West Lake, capturing the beauty of Hanoi's largest lake.
Tour Route: Ecopark Complex - Kim Lan Village - Bat Trang Ceramic Village - Sky Oasis building
- Explore a centuries-old ceramic-making village and its cultural sites.
- Experience local ferry rides and visit gardens and flower fields.
- Enjoy a tasty Vietnamese meal at a local restaurant.
- Discover the renowned pottery village, visit a ceramic museum, and shop for unique ceramics.
Tour Route: Duong Lam Ancient Village - Mong Phu Temple - Mia Pagoda
- Explore Duong Lam Ancient Village, a 1,200-year-old national relic with historic houses dating back centuries.
- Engage with friendly villagers, walk through narrow alleys, and enjoy green tea in traditional houses.
- Visit a lacquer painting workshop and witness the preservation of traditional Vietnamese art.
- Explore Mong Phu Temple, Mia Pagoda (built in the 15th century), and temples honoring national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Dinh Bang Village - Ninh Hiep Cloth market - Hanoi
- Join the revered Do Temple Festival where thousands gather to honor Vietnam's national heroes.
- Explore Do Temple in Dinh Bang village, a sacred site dedicated to the Ly dynasty's first emperors.
- Engage in traditional activities including processions, games, dragon dances, and Quan Ho performances.
- Admire the classic Northern Vietnamese temple design surrounded by lush greenery.
- Experience Ninh Hiep Cloth market's buzz and stroll through the village to glimpse traditional life.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Phu Lang village - Dai Bai village - Hanoi
- Immerse yourself in the picturesque landscapes of Northern Vietnam's countryside.
- Pedal along tranquil rural village lanes, engaging in an active exploration that brings you close to local life.
- Learn the traditional art of pottery-making in Phu Lang village, witnessing the creation of exquisite ceramic products.
- Discover the time-honored bronze casting tradition in Dai Bai village.
- Engage with artisans and families, gaining insights into their daily lives, enjoying Vietnamese green tea.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Bat Trang Village - Dong Ho Village - Dong Ky Village - Hanoi
- Immerse yourself in the charm of three unique villages - Bat Trang, Dong Ho, and Dong Ky - each renowned for its specialized trade.
- Witness the age-old craft of pottery-making in Bat Trang, famous for its ceramics and earthenware pottery.
- Explore Dong Ho Village, home to colorful and iconic folk paintings and engravings that tell traditional stories.
- Experience the art of wooden furniture adorned with intricate mother-of-pearl inlays in Dong Ky Village.
- Get hands-on as you try your hand at pottery-making and bring home your creations as souvenirs.
Tour Route: Ky Son Village - Moon Garden Homestay - Duong Lam Village
- Experience genuine Vietnamese countryside life by strolling and cycling through Ky Son Village.
- Stay at Moon Garden Homestay for a peaceful day surrounded by nature.
- Explore Duong Lam Ancient Village with its rich 1200-year history and antique houses.
- Discover key village elements like ancient gates, banyan trees, wells, and communal houses.
- Knowledgeable local guides provide insights into culture and history in Ky Son and Duong Lam.
- Explore an authentic market with valuable artifacts like Buddha statues and ancient paintings.
- Immerse in Hanoi's history through age-old items reflecting Vietnamese heritage.
- Visit the unique Hanoi Museum with its inverted pyramid design.
- Learn about the artifacts from a knowledgeable guide.
- Engage with enthusiasts and intellectuals who value genuine antiques.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Duong Lam Village - Mong Phu Temple - Mia Pagoda - Thay Pagoda - Tay Phuong Pagoda - Hanoi
- Discover the national relic of Duong Lam, with its unique architecture and age-old houses.
- Visit the intact hamlet within Duong Lam, featuring Mong Phu temple of cultural importance.
- Explore the 15th-century Mia Pagoda, adorned with 287 statues of various sizes.
- Immerse yourself in the charm of Thay Pagoda, surrounded by ancient structures and natural beauty.
- Ascend 239 steps to Tay Phuong Pagoda, known for its serene hillside setting and ancient architecture.
Tour Route: Hanoi - Vietnamese market - Hanoi
- Immerse in Vietnamese cuisine through a market visit, ingredient selection, and hands-on cooking experience.
- Learn from locals, including chefs and hosts, gaining insights into cooking techniques and cultural traditions.
- Explore a traditional market with a local guide, discovering ingredients and learning how to navigate the vibrant atmosphere.
- Choose from a selection of iconic Vietnamese dishes to prepare, including classics like Hanoi Spring Roll and Saute Beef Noodles.
Things to Do & See in One Day Trip from Hanoi
Your wanderlust leads you to Vietnam, a beautiful country with a lot of attractiveness, and Hanoi will definitely be the must-visit destination for those coming to Vietnam. Hanoi, the thousand-year-old capital, has many historical relics left reflecting lively the past flow. One day trip in Hanoi is the proper time to discover this age-old capital of Vietnam without having to rush from one site to others. We’re sure that the changes time to time of Hanoi with the bustling lifestyle in comparison with the ancient town and low pace of life in the past will astonish tourists most. In fact, there have a lot of our clients worry about their time budget at first, but after one day in Hanoi under our guides, they have been satisfied. Honestly, one day in Hanoi seems like the great time frame that tourists can enjoy Hanoi no more or less. At Hanoi Local Tour’s website, there has a series of available tours we suggest. If they don’t fit your taste, contact us to customize your own Hanoi tours within one day.
Must-Visit Attractions in Hanoi by One Day Trip Itineraries in Daytime
Hanoi has many tourist attractions for tourists to explore, but to support your flawless experience within one day in Hanoi, Hanoi Local Tour mentions you a list of highlight attractions in Hanoi below, please check it!
Hoan Kiem Lake (Sword Lake)
Hoan Kiem Lake in the capital of Vietnam with a myth story seems as the must-see destination in Hanoi Local tour and also tailor-made tour in Hanoi. Hanoi tour package in Hoan Kiem Lake is somehow regarded as a panoramic picture of its legend and beauty as well. Hoan Kiem Lake was originally called Luc Thuy Lake (Green Water Lake) due to its green water, the name of Hoan Kiem Lake was named when the legend of Emperor Le Thai To in the 15th century fought against the Minh Chinese invader by the magical sword – was given by the Golden Turtle.
Right beside the lake, we can visit a complex consisted of Ngoc Son Shrine, The Huc Bridge, Pen Tower, the worthy place to come in Hanoi. The complex had been contributed to the gorgeousness of Hoan Kiem Lake by many Kings, and do you know that Ngoc Son pagoda (the original name of Ngoc Son Shrine nowadays) was the first place for Buddhists along with the pilgrims? Generally, Hoan Kiem Lake now is located inside the complex with the myriad of seductive images of Hanoi. Come & see in general its spectacular gorgeousness.
Dong Xuan Market
Nearby Hoan Kiem Lake, it’s about a half of kilometer from the lake, Dong Xuan Market has closely associated with the commercial prosperity of Thang Long Citadel. The market has been undergone a lot of historical chances, even the broken past, perhaps these reasons have created Dong Xuan Market as not only one of the busiest traditional markets but also a cultural icon in age-old capital, Hanoi.
Nowadays, Dong Xuan Market is regarded as the place for people to purchase goods, in its market, there stand many special products as traditional Dong Ho drawings, Binh Da embroideries, Bat Trang ceramics, and laces. Besides that, pilgrims from many nations come here as the way to learn about the typical Southeast Asian wet market, dig into their hobbies and features of purchasing style. In addition, Dong Xuan can be called “stomach” of Hanoi, thus it includes the myriad of renowned traditional and street foods. Let’s visit Dong Xuan to experience your way!
Old Quarter in Hanoi
For those visiting a lot of tourist destinations in the world, Hanoi Old Quarter, a glimpse of the Vietnamese past, seems like the ideal place to come. Old Quarter centrally located in the dynamic Hanoi in which its changes occur every minute but it still retains its unique characteristic or even quaint! Hanoi Old Quarter leads us back to hundreds of years ago, it specialized one kind of merchandise, interesting lifestyle of the old Hanoian. Hanoi Old Quarter is a complex of all ancient towns with finding skyscraper – a symbol of a modern city in nowhere, together with it is a tranquil space covering day by day. Visit and feel it your way.
Ho Chi Minh Complex
As one of the Hanoi highlights, on the west side of Hanoi Old Quarter, Ho Chi Minh Complex is one of the must-visit places in Hanoi. The complex is the resting place of Ho Chi Minh - the beloved president, a hero of national liberation, and the immortal person in the heart of Vietnamese. The complex consists of Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, President Palace, Ho Chi Minh Resident, Ba Dinh Square, Ho Chi Minh Museum, and One Pillar Pagoda. Most of the tourists coming here always intend to express their respect and admiration for President Ho Chi Minh.
Long Bien Bridge
Time to time, Long Bien Bridge has existed as the living witness of a part of Vietnam history. Long Bien, connecting two banks of Red River, is the first longest steel-made bridge built by the French in the early 20th century. The bridge has been attached with many memories of the heart of Vietnam, thus Long Bien nowadays becomes one of the most tourist attractions in Hanoi alluring travelers from all over the world to delve into.
Long Bien is one in five bridge crossing Red River and it may be the most appealing one with its priceless cultural value. Time flies fast, Long Bien bridge in Hanoi has always stayed here and belonged to Hanoians to witness every ups and downs of the city of peace. If you have no ideas for your Hanoi day trips, visit Long Bien bridge and feel it in every breath.
Hoa Lo Prison
About 1 km away from the Temple of Literature, tourists can get Hoa Lo Prison, also known as Hanoi Hilton. Hoa Lo Prison is laid in Hoa Lo street, which means “hell’s hole” and also means “stove” in the past. The kind of Hoa Lo construction was established by the French colonist and used as a prison, a real hell on Earth, a place that dies is easier than live. The patriotic politicians were holding in a dreadful condition to torture or execute inhumanity, and nowadays, there stand many relics left in the prison, which are useful information for those who want longing to get further insight into Vietnam War and their heroic history as well.
Vietnam has undergone many fluctuations in the length of historical flow, the country had experienced and woke up from an atrocious past when endured the yoke of the North feudalism in thousands of years, experienced the French colonialism and the American Empire in many decades. Although the effects from these powerhouses over many centuries, the Vietnamese tradition was thought to be lost, Vietnamese people have been reserved carefully, and the traditional beauty has been preserved in the ancient villages such as Duong Lam ancient village with the age-old houses, Bat Trang Ceramic Village with the traditional pottery art, Dong Ho Painting Village, Van Phuc Silk Village, and so forth. Let’s come and explore your way.
Appealing Destinations to Visit in Hanoi One Day Trip at Night
Ta Hien Street
Ta Hien Street, located in the heart of Old Quarter, near Hoan Kiem Lake, also known as the foreigner street because there are a lot of overseas tourists coming here to taste another side of Hanoi. It’s true! When the night falls, Ta Hien street tears the bleak cover to wear a bustling appearance – the different aspect of Hanoi in general. The evening is the high time for both Hanoians and tourists come Ta Hien and delve into its distinct, take a sip of beer and look at the active city in a hidden corner.
If your trips in Hanoi at weekend, don’t forget to taste the other side of Hanoi with a tranquil space, many folk games, bustling night market, which is regarded as bringing us back to the childhood, the innocent period without worry. Hanoi pedestrian street is around Hoan Liem Lake, which has been one of the highlights in Hanoi, and a place to hang out. The walking street was officially opened in the Old Quarter in Hanoi, which creates an enormous walking area in the center of the capital for both Hanoians and tourists.
Apart from its gorgeous scenery, people can revel in some featured activities like joining in flashmob teams, singing your favorite songs or playing instruments, playing some critical games, and so forth, these all bring us back to the past of Hanoi. The best feeling is your real experience in this tranquil place.