- Situated in Thanh Oai District, Chuong conical hat village is 30km west of Hanoi city center. The traditional village is regarded as the oldest conical hat craft village in Northern Vietnam as local villagers have preserved the craft for more than three centuries.
- This site is famous for the traditional Vietnamese conical hats of various versions such as the white palm-leaf conical hat, the yellow conical hat, the light Hue-styled conical hat, the small conical hat for the old soldier. The main product of this craft village is the white version which glamorizes the whole area with the pleasant resin scent.
- On the 4th, 10th, 14th, 20th, 24th and 30th days of every lunar month, people from neighboring areas gather in the village’s market held for trading activity. Only hats and their materials are sold at the market such as sewing needle, conical straw hat, chin strap of the conical hat.
- The unique Vietnamese conical hats and the graceful Ao dai make Vietnamese women more gentle and charming. The conical hat has given a discreet charm to Vietnamese women, become a unique symbol of Vietnamese culture, and sought after by many foreign visitors.
- Peaceful space away from the bustling city
- Witness the detailed process of making conical hats
- Local experience when visiting ancient houses
- Special chances to purchase unique handmade conical hats
Following the hotel pick up at the hotel at 8.00 AM, we journey west of Hanoi to visit Chuong conical hat village.
9.00: Upon arrival, we pay a visit to Chuong pagoda, the communal house in Chuong village which is considered one of the most ancient temples in the area. Continue to visit one of the best families in this village.
Then we walk around the village to see local people in their daily life, the meticulous stages of how they make the unique “non” and you may buy some souvenirs in various shapes and sizes.
11.30: Turn back to Hanoi. Your Hanoi day trip ends.