Known as the largest river in Northern Vietnam, the Red River has been an important water transport route of Hanoi. As a result, the existence of many flourishing traditional villages and temples give no surprise to people.
Cruising down the bank, you will encounter the two architectural temples built around 700 years ago: Dam and Dai Lo Temples which are dedicated to the Mother of Goddess. In addition, Chu Dong Tu Pagoda that worships Chu Dong Tu – a usual man and his wife – a princess whose legendary love story was very inspirational.
About 13 km southwest of Hanoi, Bat Trang village is the most popular and long-established pottery village in Vietnam with hundred years old. As near the ancient trading port Thang Long and Pho Hien, the village was a vital place in the history of porcelain industry in Asia. It houses local craftsmen who combine both traditional and modern techniques to create beautiful ceramic artworks.
• Take pleasure in peaceful sites away from the fast-paced capital city
• Relax and unwind on the boat on the Red River
• A scenic cruise trip along the Red River Hanoi
• Journey to famous centuries-old temples
• Light biking around the ceramic village
• Learn the way skillful artisans make ceramic products
• Experience pottery making on your own
Experience your Tour with
• Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
• Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
• Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big windows
Duration: 1 day
Date: Upon request
Start/End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Active level: Easy
Tour route: Hanoi – the Red River – Dam and Dai Lo Temple – Chu Dong Tu Temple – Bat Trang Ceramic Village – Hanoi
7.30: You are picked up at the hotel lobby by our awaiting guide, then we transfer you to Chuong Duong Do wharf which is near the city center. Upon arrival, we will embark on our boat and set sails on the Red River passing through some rural villages in the outskirt of Hanoi.
9.30: After a slow cruise down the river, we will disembark to the scenic grounds of the Dam and Dai Lo Temple which was built under the Tran Dynasty. Back to our boat and continue sailing down the river to Chu Dong Tu Temple, which worships to Chu Dong Tu, one of the four immortals in traditional mythology of Vietnam.
11.00: Back to our boat and have a flavor lunch on the boat while you float further along the River.13.00: Arriving Bat Trang Ceramic village, get off the boat and get on our bikes to ride around the back roads of the village. Stop at some local workshops to see how skillful artisans create their own ceramic and pottery products. You can give a try to making your own cap, vase or bowl and take them home.
15.00: Go back to our boat and sails back to Hanoi.
16.30: Our driver drops us at the hotel in Hanoi. Finish off the trip.