Situated by the bank of Cau River, 60 km from the downtown of Hanoi, Phu Lang village in Bac Ninh province has been famed as one of the last remaining pottery villages using its traditional techniques. Since the 13th century, this village has produced lay pots, decorative tiles, jars and burial caskets that make money the most. The pottery of the village is easily recognized by the brown gazed color thanks to its distinct raw clay.
Down to the river, Dai Bai village is nationwide well-known for its bronze casting tradition over 1000 years. The handed –down occupation was inaugurated in 998. Throughout the ups and downs, nowadays the village still retains its customary crafts with a wide range of bronze objects for worshipping: urns, pots, cranes…
- Gently cycling around a peaceful countryside
- The unique experience of making your own pottery works
- Witness sophisticated bronze casting arts and cleverness of local artisans
- Interesting talk to locals over a cup of green tea
- A real Vietnamese lunch with friendly villages
Experience your Tour with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big windows
Duration: 1 day
Tour Route: Hanoi – Phu Lang village – Dai Bai village – Hanoi
Date: Upon request
Start/End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Active level: Easy
8.00: Following a hotel pick up at the hotel, we take a drive on the National Highway No 18 to Phu Lang village.
9.30: On arrival in the village, we will be equipped with helmets and kneepads. The guide will give some instructions as well as some safety regulations. We then get on our bike and start riding around the village. Here you can witness how the villagers make ceramic products and enjoy the quiet atmosphere and local activities at the traditional village.
On the way, we drop by some local workshops and see artisans skillfully make fine pottery products. We also call in a local family, talk with the owner over a cup of Vietnam green tea and see how the pottery plays its roll in their daily life.12.00: A flavor lunch at a local family
13.00: After lunch, we take a local ferry through Cau River to Dai Bai and then pedal around the village and to a famous artisan house and see its several amazing works made from bronze.
15.00: Finish visiting the village, we ride back to our ending point, return the bike and take the coach back to Hanoi.
16.30: Arrive Hanoi. The trip ends at the hotel.